Interactive nouns!

Hiiiiiiiii!
Now that we've been through two weeks of school I'm back on the blogging train!
Cara posted this ecard on her facebook page and MAN is that exactly how I feel! 

It's so easy to just block the first few weeks of school out of your mind! You have one set all trained and they finish your words and know exactly what to expect then BAM! a new group comes in. I love my new kinders to pieces already though. They really are a great group!

While I would love to post all about the first few weeks..I was so busy managing those littles that I didn't take one single picture. Not one!

So, I'm picking up where we are now. I'm introducing Writer's Workshop next week, so we've been working on our "seeds of writing" {where we get ideas to write about} This week we learned all about nouns! I read this book {Brian P. Cleary is one of my FAVES!}
A Mink, a Fink, a Skating Rink: What Is a Noun?
 and we learned this song:
  Each day we brainstormed specific nouns- we went through people, places, and things a day at a time and added to our anchor charts {this is my writing center- I will more than likely leave these charts up all year to use for writing ideas}
Then, we added to our interactive notebook! I'm excited about our notebooks this year! I've done a poetry/ alphabet  and then a science/ social studies notebook the past few years but this year we're doing one big Kindergarten notebook! It's going to be great!



I love how meaningful these notebooks are going to be and such a great resource to look back on! I will definitely be posting more about our notebooks this year.

If you'd like to snag up this page, click the picture below!
 
{clipart by Melonheadz and DJ Inkers and font by Cara Carroll}

I hope you can use this page in your classroom too!
about

12 comments

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful and amazing way to teach the kiddos about nouns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you using that date stamp. :) Love it!!!

    Jill
    ABCs and Polkadots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! YES!! It is my new favorite thing in the classroom!!

      Delete
  3. I am just loving all of these interactive notebook ideas -- and my kids are, too. Thank you so much for the freebie!

    Bobbi
    Bitty Bilinguals

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!! Keep your notebook stuff coming! I am doing the same this year with my kinders in my interactive writing! Keep up the good work! I am just now also taking a deep breath after the last two weeks! whew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kinders keep a writing journal and a math journal. I'm going to use this idea with their writing journals. Love your use of post-it notes and I also use a date stamper in journals! And I stamp a little star or appropriate other emblem on the left side of the page to teach them where to start writing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those books! What a great way to integrate them!

    Congratulations on your milestone on Teachers Pay Teachers!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea- can't wait to use with my Firsties this week! Thanks for sharing:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this! Thank you for sharing! I can't wait to use this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant! Your ideas are amazing and I will be utilizing them in my upcoming grammar lessons. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me!

Back to Top